Zoya

Scott,

I use ISBLANK function to check if the cell is emply and IF function to
point to the different cell.

If you create your LookUps in column F you need to point F1 to the cell
where your Field1 is (for exp =A3), then in F2 you can enter this formula
=If(ISBLANK(A4),F1,A4)

Hope it helps.

"Alastair Scott" wrote:

Thanks for the info.

Don't want to use GETPIVOTDATA as I'm unfamiliar with it (despite computing
degree). Suppose I'll need to sometime...

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

The row headings show once in a Pivot Table, and there's no setting you
can change, to force them to repeat. You could create a copy of the
pivot table, and fill the blanks, to do the lookup. Perhaps you could
use INDEX/MATCH formulas to work with the data in the pivot table, but
would have problems if the layout changed.

Why don't you want to use GetPivotData?

Alastair Scott wrote:
I want to perform lookups ona pivot table without using the gETPIVOTDATA
function. Is it possible to show a decsription against each line of the pivot
table, instead of blank spaces? e.g.

Field 1 Field 2 Data 1
Field 1 Field 2 Data 2
Field 1 Field 2 Data 3