Bob Phillips

I would advise against this, the previous way is much more resilient.

--

HTH

RP

"bruch04" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks very much for your replies. In the meantime, I've decided to
just format the Monitoring visit columns with a different fill color
and count based on that, but now I have a problem that my UDF is
counting all the colored columns, not just the nonblank ones. Please
be patient with me, I'm pretty new at excel.... My function is called
countbycolor. Can I combine this function with a normal counta or
countif to come up with only nonblank, colored cells? Thanks.