Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How do I renumber a worksheet

Figure if you tell him the same thing 3 or 4 times he will pick it up?

Tom Ogilvy

Gary

In VBE you have Sheet1(sheetname) and you want to change the Sheet1 index
name.

Run this macro......code from Chip's site.

Sub change()
ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("Sheet1").Name = "NewCodeName"
End Sub

Now you have NewCodeName(sheetname)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:24:33 -0700, GaryMay

wrote:

I'm sorry, I still don't get it. I'm just looking for a small piece of
code
that will change a sheet number from say sheet1 to sheet10.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/codemods.htm

look toward the bottom of the page. The argument to vbcomponents is the
codename.

Tom Ogilvy

"GaryMay" wrote:

Thanks, that works, but I have a need to be able to do this through VB
code.
Do you know how?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

In the project explorer in the VBE, select the entry for the sheet.

make the properties window visible. Change the (name) property.

Tom Ogilvy

"GaryMay" wrote:

How do I renumber (reindex) a sheet using VBA.

Example:
sheet20(name) to sheet1(name)