Jim Rech

The only workaround I can think of is to add the picture as a fill effect in
the comment for the cell in question. The picture would be visible when you
mouse over the cell or all the time if set comments to always be visible
under Tools, Options, View.

To add a picture to a cell comment:
- Create a comment for the cell (Shift-F2 is the shortcut)
- Clear the default text that appears in the comment
- Right click the comment border and pick Format Comment
- Select the "Colors and Lines" tab
- In the Fill section open the Color drop down and pick Fill Effects.
- Click the Picture tab and select the picture file.

--
Jim
"ISUTUBBS" wrote in message
| I've read on this board that you can only insert pictures into a sheet,
not a
| cell as cells can only have text or formula. Is there any way to insert a
| picture and associate it with a row of data such that if the data rows are
| sorted, the pictures sort with it?
|
| I can do this in Word tables, but want to use some of the features of
Excel