ACDenver

I appreciated the response. And allow me to qualify my original question
further. The sumif and countif worked if one has only once column with
values, but can one use a sumif for two more aging buckets? I know I can do
a pivot table and obtain this, but I am trying to avoid that.

See my example below - the question is how do I do a sumif function when I
want to recap hundreds of rows by alpha FERC Codes and associated values
based on an aging bucket? I included an excerpt of 5 records under 4 column
headings, and then I show the summary of those five records below by FERC
Code by aging bucket. The countif function worked when it came to counting
the FERC codes, but I am stuck on calculating the summary values associated
to the FERC Code by aging bucket with the sumif function. This summary
section is giving me heartache. Thanks
FERC Code FERC Current FERC 30 Days FERC 60
TG 10
PG 20
PG 100
SG 300
TG 25
Total 5 10 420 25

Count Current FERC 30 FERC 60
TG 2 10 0 25
PG 2 0 120 0
SG 1 0 300 0
Summary 5 10 420 25

"ACDenver" wrote:

How does one "count" the frequency of one column that is dependant on
another. For example column A is a range of values, and column b is a unique
identifier(criteria).

A B

100 PG
200 SG
750 PG
50 SG
75 TG

Can one use a function in a single cell to count all the values associated
with PG? For example PG = 2 , and SG = 2, and TG= 1. We have hundreds of
rows like this example, and we are trying to avoid entering a lookup or some
of type function on each adjacent row.