Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
chad chad is offline

Default code to attach files

here's a portion of the code i use:

'You must add a reference to the Microsoft outlook Library

Dim OutApp As Outlook.Application
Dim OutMail As Outlook.MailItem
Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
Dim strbody As String

strbody = "Email body text"

With OutMail
.To = "
'.CC = ""
'.BCC = ""
subjectline = "test email
.Subject = subjectline
.Body = strbody
.Importance = olImportanceHigh
.ReadReceiptRequested = True
'define attachment
attachmentname = "c:\" 'adjust to your directory
Set myAttachments = OutMail.Attachments
myAttachments.Add attachmentname
.Send 'or use .Display to display the message prior to sending

End With

hope this helps,
-chad

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi Chad,

Could you share with me the code or the concept of sending an e-mail WITH
SPECIFIC FILES ATTACHED through VBA?

Thanks in advance!
Stefi

€˛Chad€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I have code that generates an email and attaches specific files. I would
like to know if there is VBA code to be able to attach ALL files within a
specific folder, not just one specific file. Kind of like a "select all"
within a folder that attaches all selected items to an email. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

-Chad