Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
StargateFan[_3_] StargateFan[_3_] is offline

Default Help with a file?

A very kind soul did up an XL2K sheet which is incredibly fabulous.
It was a gift to our group and so I feel I can't go back and ask for
more in terms of what it will generate. This file is really kewl.
You enter a quotation, etc., into the box and it generates a word
puzzle called a Quotefall.

The difficulty lies in the solution grid since one has to do it
manually and that is surprisingly time-consuming. Last night, it
actually took me 25 minutes to get the letters placed just so because
after each time I'd be part-way through typing in the individual
letters for the solution, I'd see that the placement of the original
quotation needed adjusting so would have to fix the quote and
re-generate the puzzle which would mean having to start all over
re-typing in the solution.

Since it so easily generates the puzzle was hoping someone would know
how to fix this file so that a solution grid could also be generated.

I know it is a lot to ask but I know my limitations and this is too
far advanced for me. So I thought I'd ask.

I'm in the process of setting up a website for free Stargate word
puzzles and Quotefalls will be one type that I'll create.

So if anyone is interested in this small challenge, pls go here for
the Excel file.

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/hypati...uotefalls.html

The direct links are these --
The XLT file:
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/hypati...sGenerator.xlt

Puzzle in 10k GIF format:
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/hypati...rgate_01_p.gif

Solution I did up manually in another 10k GIF file:
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/hypati...argate_01a.gif
This is what I hope can be added to the coding (on another button
maybe?) so that it generates the same puzzle but filled in. In other
words, so that it dumps the same quotation in the boxes that the
original puzzle show. Hope that's clear (?).

Thanks so much in advance for anyone's help. I know it's an
imposition but I don't know anyone who can do this. And I thought
someone might get a kick out of doing this <g.

I'll give full credit at all times to those who helped and who'd like
me to do so. Cheers. :oD