Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bill Kuunders Bill Kuunders is offline

Default General Cell to Custom Date

There must be someone who can write you code to do this ...

My solution here is a "simple " formula in a help column next to the entry
column.

You can -after entry- change the formula's to a value, with the "copy ,
paste special , values" routine.

Say your dates are entered in "text" format in column A
have the B column in "general' format and enter the formula....

=CONCATENATE(MID(A1,1,4),"/",MID(A1,5,2),"/",MID(A1,7,2),"
",MID(A1,9,2),":",MID(A1,11,2),":",MID(A1,13,2 ))

--
Greetings from New Zealand

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm just learning VBA, and Need some help w/ a macro that will format
the date I have in a number of text files.

Presently the data is coming to me as a general format of
"20060103123030" I presently format the cell to custom yyyy/mm/dd
hh:mm:ss and then I type in the slashes & colons, Does anyone have an
idea of how I could write some code that could do this for me? Any
help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kdub, the vba newbie!