Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Curt Curt is offline

Default change event

Think this is what I am looking for. Problem is I have entries that copy to
another worksheet. Want if any entry in row is changed need code to go to
copied entry and make change there also. Useing event to copy data. This
valadation on change is problem. Working primilary with text in cells. trying
to have multiple ifs in event code
Thanks
old dog new tricks

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

You'll need to use the Worksheet_Calculate event instead.

To detect a change in value, you'll need to save the value in a module
or static variable so you can compare the old value to the current value.

For instance:

In a regular code module:

Public vOldC38Value As Variant

In the ThisWorkbook module:

vOldC38Value = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C38").Value

In the worksheet code module:

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
With Range("C38")
If .Value < vOldC38Value Then
vOldC38Value = .Value
Macro2
End If
End With
End Sub

In article ,
enyaw wrote:

I have the following code that runs a macro when the cell value chages.

If Target.Address = "$C$38" Then
Call Macro2

The problem I have that cell C38 contains a formula and will not run the
macro because any change in value is not picked up. Can anyone help me?