Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Calculating Sales price by Entering Gross Profit

Well yes, if you are using actual % values.
=A1/(1-B1/100)
or
=100*A1/(100-B1)

NickHK

"Spawnof" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 5, 1:57 pm, "Alan" wrote:
Sorry, I don't think straight after midnight, lol. I think this is what

you
are looking for:

=(A1/(1-B1)) ' Each item has it's own margin

=(A1/(1-$B1)) ' If margin is constant across all goods.

Regards,

Alan

"Spawnof" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 1, 5:34 pm, "Alan" wrote:
Formula in C1 where A1 is Cost of Goods & B1 is Profit Margin.

=A1*(100+B1)/100

Or use this if you want to set the same profit margin for all goods:

=A1*(100+$B$1)/100

Regards,

Alan

"Spawnof" wrote in message

groups.com...

I am trying to calculate Gross Profit on a worksheet using the
following

column a : I enter cost of goods
column b: I enter required profit margin as percent
column c: excel calculates the sale price

Any help much appreciated

Actually this does not do what I want it to do Gross profit is not the
same as a percent the formula is. The formula for GP is:

profit / selling price * 100

This does still not appear to work.

e.g The sale price of 150 (cost) at 33.33 margin (%) is 225

when I use your formula it doesn't equate to this - comes out as a
minus figure in fact?