Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
lillian lillian is offline

Default How to deleted duplicate record on columnA

Thanks Gary, this one work

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Sub sonic()
i = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For j = i To 2 Step -1
If Cells(j, "A").Value = Cells(j - 1, "A").Value Then
Cells(j, "A").EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next
End Sub

The one-line change deletes the row instead of just the cell.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200709

"Lillian" wrote:

Gary,

This look good, but only deleted columnA, but actually I would like
deleted entire duplicated record, how did we do that.

Thanks for all the help

Lillian

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Sub sonic()
i = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For j = i To 2 Step -1
If Cells(j, "A").Value = Cells(j - 1, "A").Value Then
Cells(j, "A").Delete
End If
Next

Gary''s Student
gsnu200709

"Lillian" wrote:

I have big excel record, but on the columnA has a lots of dupluicate record,
how can I write a macro to delete them
ColumnA
aaa
aaa