Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
D Zandveld D Zandveld is offline

Default Filter on multiple criteria, same cell

I'm using code linked from this forum (I can't remember exactly the website,
but the filename I got was DataValMultiSelect.xls)

I can get it to return the user selection to the offset cell, no problem.
I have changed the delimiter to ;

What I want to be able to do however is run a filter based on ANY of the
terms selected, rather than ALL of the terms.

Example:

Drop Down 1 has the values:
John, Jack, Steve, Bill, Tom, Jason
Selecting John, Steve and Jason places: John;Steve;Jason in the offset cell

These values are found on multiple occasions in column 1 of the data source.

Drop Down 2 has the values:
Julie, Sally, Kate, Kylie, Nancy, Kathy
Selecting Sally, Kate & Kathy places: Sally;Kate;Kathy in the offset cell

These values are found on multiple occasions in column 2 of the data source.

When I run the filter, I want to be able to find all records that have John,
Steve OR Jason in the first column AND Sally, Kate or Kathy in the second.

Any ideas?