Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JohnJack JohnJack is offline

Default Query Refresh - Turning it off completely

Hello All,

I have recently had to try and fix a spreadsheet made by a ex-
coworker. The issue I am having is that he created links to external
data that I cannot find. Every time I open the workbook is asks me if
I want to disable or enable the automatic refresh. Is there a way
that I can stop the box from coming up (removing links?) and turning
off the automatic refresh? Basically once the data is imported into
excel I do NOT want it to refresh if the external files are updated.

Here is the import code:

'import .tab file
SourceFile = "TEXT;" & LoadsResultsPath & ResultsRootName & ".tab"
Dest = 1 + 14 * counter
Sheets(TabInputPage).Select
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=SourceFile ,
Destination:=Cells(2, Dest))
.Name = ".tab"
.FieldNames = True
.RowNumbers = False
.FillAdjacentFormulas = True
.PreserveFormatting = True
.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
.RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
.SavePassword = False
.SaveData = False
.AdjustColumnWidth = False
.RefreshPeriod = 0
.TextFilePromptOnRefresh = False
.TextFilePlatform = xlWindows
.TextFileStartRow = 1
.TextFileParseType = xlDelimited
.TextFileTextQualifier = xlTextQualifierDoubleQuote
.TextFileConsecutiveDelimiter = True
.TextFileTabDelimiter = False
.TextFileSemicolonDelimiter = False
.TextFileCommaDelimiter = False
.TextFileSpaceDelimiter = True
.TextFileColumnDataTypes = Array(1, 1, 1, 1)
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
End With

Is there anything there? I've also tried different settings in the
option menu, with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jack