Christina

"Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from addre" wrote:

I see no *simple* way to do what you want in Excel. If I were doing
this I would pursue one of two approaches:

1) Write a function to do this using VBA. It looks like a fairly
straight forward two level nested loop in Basic. You'll need to have
some general programming experience though and some knowledge of VBA.

2) Buy a standard statistical package for Excel. Do a quick Google
search on the web for:

"Euclidian Distance" Excel

You'll find a bunch of people selling the software. You might even find
a free version somewhere from one of the universities if you spend
enough time trolling.

Now that I've said that, maybe someone here will pop up with a
blindingly simple way of doing this that I've overlooked.

Good luck...

Bill

Thanks a lot for your effort. I don't feel so bad now, since we came to the
same conclusion. There were lots of very manual things we could think of,
but nothing *simple*. But I just wanted that "double check" from the
experts!