Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default read next two cells over using Large function

For the sake of space this does the 7th largest and one cell over:

A1 thru B13:

37 Larry
85 Moe
67 Curly
74 Shep
31 Dwezel
16 Filbert
83 Chatsworth
61 Boris
19 Natasha
78 Rocky
60 Bullwinkle
57 Minnie
92 Mickey

then:
=VLOOKUP(LARGE(A$1:A$13,7),A$1:B$13,2,0) will display Boris and
=VLOOKUP(LARGE(A$1:A$13,7),A$1:C$13,3,0) will display whatever is next to
Boris

Adapt to meet your needs
--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200709

"Knox" wrote:

I'm looking at a large set of data and pulling out the 30th highest value
useing the large function. I was wandering how to get the next two cells'
over value. The data is not sorted so the lookup function doesn't work.
Even when I do try to sort it the lookup function doesn't seem to work. So
basically now I have 3 columns of data and 8000 records. I can pull out the
30th highest of column A just using the large function. I was wandering how
I can pull out the values of the next 2 cells next to the 30th highest in
columns B and C. thank you!