Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default automatically installing mscal.ocx

Simplest way is to avoid mscal.ocx and go with the Monthview control that
comes with the Windows common controls, so will always be present.
I am not sure now in which one it is, but it will be one of these:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSCOMCTL.OCX
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSCOMCT2.OCX

RBS

"Tim" <tmarsh-trousers-@-take off my trousers to reply-blueyonder.co.uk
wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have a workbook that uses the calendar control, mscal.ocx; it works
great! but i would like to distribute to various users some of which are
unlikely to have that control registered or even installed on their
system. does anyone know of a way to automatically / programatically: -
1) install the calendar control if its not present (in the right location)
2) if not registered, register it (all systems will be windows xp)

i would want this to run before opening the workbook. and it would have
to be simple installation (ie, i just say 'open workbook xxx' and it all
installs automatically!

could i do it with vba in another workbook? if so, could someone give me
some pointers as to how i would do it?

Thanks for any help,

Tim