Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bruce Maston[_2_] Bruce Maston[_2_] is offline

Default Opening "locked" application

Thank you both for your response. Yes, this absolutely solves the problem.

"Bruce Maston" wrote:

Well, I've really done it to myself! I have an app. that I coded so that it
looks for some basic information (information in a database table) in the
workbook.open event. If you hit an error, it causes the program to
application.quit. This was included to prevent a user from entering data if
the database is corrupted, not available, etc.

Problem: I now want to change tihe address in the code where the app. looks
for the information. But I can't open the app. because the informationn has
been moved. So the app. automatiically closes. I'm locked out! [My bad.]

Anyway, is there a way to interrupt the application as it load by some sort
of key stroke (or some such) so that I can break into the code and make the
necessary changes?

Thank you for any input.