Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default how do I prevent access to certain cells?

Are you doing the importing yourself or through code? or are they doing this?
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"tcloud@lcc" wrote:

Thanks for your reply, and I could try that, but new to programming in VB and
don't know how to go about finding the appropriate example for what I'm
trying to accomplish. Can you direct me?

"John Bundy" wrote:

Simply unprotect the sheet through code before the import and then turn it
back on. Plenty of examples here for that or just record a macro of doing
what you want, then copy and paste the parts you need.
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"tcloud@lcc" wrote:

I have a workbook situation where my users need to be able to import cost
data to the spreadsheet, but not access it once it is imported. I have set
up a field for them to make entries to that will write back to my original
data, and that's all they should be able to access in one worksheet. Other
worksheets would have different access limitations, but I can accomplish what
I need with them through worksheet protection. My problem is that if I
"protect" the appropriate cells in my worksheet, I can't import the data,
because the area to be imported is protected. Is there a workaround? I'm
not a VB guru, so go easy on me, please!