Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] kanaiona@gmail.com is offline

Default txt tab-delimited to CSV

On 7 Mar, 11:55, "Jean-Yves" wrote:
ok, But what is the file format, eg .txt ?
wrote in message

ps.com...

On 7 Mar, 11:36, "Jean-Yves" wrote:
Hi,
XL is also able to open tab delimited files, but you have to open them
via
XL.
What file format do you want to convert ?
Regards
wrote in message

groups.com...

We use a program which is only able to export data into 'tab-
delimited' text files. We need data from this program to go to
another which can only read CSV files.

Is there a way to script this so it automatically converts the
contents of a text file to a csv which can be opened in excel?

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for replying.

Yes, i am aware XL can open tab-delimited but we need the process
automated so no user intervention is required.- Hide quoted text -

sorry, the tab-delimited is in text (txt) format.. and it is required
to be in CSV format.
:)