Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pasty Pasty is offline

Default Filter sub

I see its my fault for not explaining it clearly. There is one column which
has all the primary people carrying out assurance and a column next to it
with their delegates (in case they aren't in) I want it to pop up and ask for
their name and if they are a primary person search one column and if
secondary search the other one but was trying to think of a smarter way of
doing it rather than just have them choose whether primary or secondary and
then search on their name.

" wrote:

Hi
Had a typo and forgot the Range("a1") bit;
..Range("A1").AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:=strRiskOwner
..Range("A1").AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:=NextOne

It filters in one column, then filters those by the criterion in the
second column. This will give nothing if if there is no row that meets
both criteria, which shouldn't happen if both criteria exist in your
columns?
regards
Paul