Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
okrob okrob is offline

Default Change single click to double click

On Mar 6, 1:06 pm, "okrob" wrote:
On Mar 6, 12:58 pm, Gary''s Student

wrote:
Very easy. If you enter:

http://www.cnn.com

in a cell, Excel will generate a "click-able" hyper link if you have enabled
this with:

Tools Options Spelling AutoCorrect Autoformat as you type
and check the hyperlink box.

You don't need to change this option.

Enter the URL with a single quote (apostrophe) in front:

'http://www.cnn.con

and then enter this Event macro in worksheet code:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=Target.Value
End Sub

so a single click will do nothing, but double-click and away you go!

REMEMBER: worksheet code.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200709

"AucklandAssault" wrote:
I have a number of hyperlink in my spreadsheet that links to pdf files on the
net. Users often select these accidently when navigating the spreadsheet. I
want to change my spreadsheet so that it requires users to double-click for
the hyperlinks to work. How do I do this?- Hide quoted text -

Won't that try to fire every time a cell is double clicked, and not
just the ones that are links giving you an error when you double click
a cell that's not an actual address?- Hide quoted text -

You should add the line
On Error Resume Next

or handle the error some other way.

Rob