Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default Create a Text file from Excel

Plain text has no line breaks or formatting.
If you need that kind of report you'll have to use a different format, such as maybe HTML or Word.

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Murthy" wrote in message ...
I am trying to create a report, in text format from Excel.

So far I have been successful in creating an object, and put the records
line by line with WriteLine method.

In text-based reports, the common requirement is putting headers, footers,
and more importantly, setting the number of lines per page. I used a line
counter in my program.

What I need to know is:

1. How will I tell Excel to put a page break in the text file being created?

2. How will I tell Excel to make some headings bold? or Underlined?

Murthy