Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Changing appearance of RefEdit control

When it collapses during a selection, it looks identical to me. A red and
blue Icon. Yours behave differently?

Tom Ogilvy

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
I'm not sure what Tom's referring to. The RefEdit looks different than the
data entry box found in native Excel dialogs. The only thing you might be
able to do is place an image control over the RefEdit's button, and place
a bitmap of the native entry box button in the image control.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Ofek Shilon" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi All.

following an unanswered post in this group -
http://groups.google.com/group/micro... 9a1f87b421834

I wish to change the RefEdit look&feel to match the familiar built-in
control in excel - i.e., to convert the 'underscore' icon at the right
to the red/blue one.
How can this be done? Perhaps there's some undocumented property
doing that? Perhaps what i'm looking for is a different control
altogether?

I'm somewhat of a newbie to VBA, but this may be untrivial, as this
older post -
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...#comment-21422

- went unanswered too.
I'm well aware of the bugs-aura surrounding RefEdit, but my usage is a
very simple one (on the UserForm itself, no other simultaneous forms,
etc.). any advice would be much appreciated!

Ofek