Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] xpivot@gmail.com is offline

Default Automating grouping of Excel pivot field

If the grouping can be done through VBA then I can have the VBA code
read from a table or list instead
of having to select hundred of different cells manually.

On Mar 5, 5:02 pm, Debra Dalgleish wrote:
How could you automate this, if there's no relationship among the numbers?

wrote:
I am trying to group a list of numbers (hundreds of them). They are a
set of ID's that have no relationship to each others.

I can do this manually by selecting the desired numbers and then right
click and use the - Group and Show Detail - Group function.

On Mar 5, 4:14 pm, Debra Dalgleish wrote:

What are you trying to group -- numbers, dates, text fields?
If you provide more details, someone may be able to help.

wrote:

We can group the values in a field in an Excel pivot. Is there away to
automate this process via VBA?

I want to group a lot of values.

Thank you in advance.

--