Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default url not accessible

Mike,
If I first go to "http//www.dealerfinancesolutions.com", I get a "site under
construction. Then add the "update.txt" to the URL, I get the text file.
So, maybe something in the way the site is set up ?

NickHK

"mikeolson" wrote in message
I have tried it with just the website. Here are the to actual websites
involved:
the file I am after for the update is:
http//home.wi.rr.com/theolsons4/update.txt
http//www.dealerfinancesolutions.com/update.txt
the home.wi works great in the code, the other does not

Thanks!

Mike

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Hard to tell without testing the actual but
Have you tried it with just the website?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"mikeolson" wrote in message
I have a macro that imports a text file from a website, it works fine.
However, the macro contains the website where it is being hosted:
http//home.wi.rr.com/myusername/file.txt
My website: http//www.mywebsitename.com is currently hosted on the

above
location. If I change the location, now my macro has the wrong url in

the
code. When I use the http//www.mywebsitename.com/file.txt it does not
access
the file, change to the other address it works fine. Why won't it

work?
If
I type both addresses in my web browser, I get the same result, why

not in
the macro code?

Thank you for your help!
Mike