Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Excel 2007 vs. Excel 2003

A "must have", eh? For me there is no killer feature that I must have.
Sure,
there are improvements in conditional formatting, pivot tables and
charts,
more rows and columns, etc. Some of the charting functionality of Excel
2003
is defective in 2007, and the interface is designed for beginners, not
for
helping competent users become increasingly productive. The documents
sure
look nice, though.

Before upgrading, carry out your due diligence by scanning these groups,
and
read about the problems that many of the early adopters are having.
Decide
if these issues matter to you, and whether the extra rows and columns and
bells and whistles are worth upgrading for.

Hmmm....this is not good news. Has Microsoft been informed of the
charting "glitches" or behavior differences ?

They have been apprised of these during all stages of beta testing and now
after commercial release. I suspect it's a problem of allocating finite
resources among issues of different severity. I'm hoping they'll fix all of
my issues, but I know they won't be able to. Maybe that's good if it means
continued work to fix things when my clients upgrade <g.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions