Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Dullingham Mark Dullingham is offline

Default Userforms Values to Workbook Cells

Doug, (Bob)

Sorry for the lack of info in the original post, it was late and I was
trying to keep it short and sweet !

Anyway what I'm trying to do is use the values in 2 text boxes on the
userform as part of 2 time variants in some code which auto saves a copy of a
workbook at an interval specified by the user and then stops after a peroid
aslo spaecified by the user. Currently these values are enter in 2 cells on
the worksheet.

The working code is :-

Public RunWhen As Double
Public RunFor As Double
Public cSavePeriodMins As Double
Public cRunIntervalSeconds As Double
Public Const cRunWhat = "The_SubSave"
Public Const cHowLong = "The_SubPeriod"

Sub StartTimer()
cRunIntervalSeconds = UserForms("DDE Sheet").Range("I2").Value
RunWhen = Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, cRunIntervalSeconds)
Application.OnTime earliesttime:=RunWhen, _
procedu=cRunWhat, schedule:=True

End Sub

Sub StartPeriod()
cSavePeriodMins = Worksheets("DDE Sheet").Range("K2").Value
RunFor = Now + TimeSerial(0, cSavePeriodMins, 0)
Application.OnTime earliesttime:=RunFor, _
procedu=cHowLong, schedule:=True
End Sub

I've tried :-

cRunIntervalSeconds = UserForms("frnOptions").Range("TextBox1").Value

cSavePeriodMins = UserForms("frnOptions").Range("TextBox2").Value

But this returns a type mismatch

Now I've looked at this again and at a reasonable hour I think this may be
due to the format of the text box needing to be a number and is by default
formated as text but at present I don't know how to change this.

Mark

"Doug Glancy" wrote:

Mark,

What is it you want to happen, and when?

Doug

"Mark Dullingham" wrote in
message ...
How do I do this?

Ive tried this code in the worksheet and the userform bu is doesn't work

Worksheet("DDE Sheet").Range("I2").Value = frmOptions.TextBox1.Value
Worksheet("DDE Sheet").Range("K2").Value = frmOptions.TextBox2.Value

End Sub

Am I just being thick!