Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dean[_8_] Dean[_8_] is offline

Default automatic recovery info

One of the hazards of this medium is people can't see your expression when
you wrote the words. I meant no offense whatsoever. I appreciate your
attempt at helping. When I do save, I usually, rename the file
as -1, -2, -3 so I can go back as well, although it's usually more so that
if a file corrupts, I might have a version that I can reprogram.

Best regards,
Dean

"Alan" wrote in message
I didn't mean anything about anything Dean! I just threw an idea out there.
If you look closely, it doesn't just save, like you're clicking the save
icon, it saves a backup. I use this as I am coding so I can go back if I
want. Geeez, some people are so freakin' touchy!

"Dean" wrote in message
What is the advantage of this over just clicking the save icon every so
often - I don't get it. Are you assuming that I have a reason, other
than laziness, not to save it under the same filename? I don't.

Thanks, Alan!
Dean

"Alan" wrote in message
Here's a neat little snippet from Mr. Guillett that I have used for a
long time now. It's kind of like an itch, you learn to scratch it
without really thinking about it.

Sub backup()
'Don Guillett, misc, 2000-05-08
Fname = ActiveWorkbook.Name
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs "C:\msoffice\personal\BACKUP\ " & Fname
ActiveWorkbook.Save

Alan

"Dean" wrote in message
I just accidentally closed out the wrong file of two files without
saving and then, foolishly further, re-opened it in the hopes that I had
saved it. I did not. I assume that any automatic recovery saves I did
are lost forever right?

Thanks!
Dean, the idiot!