Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default unlock range of cells

make sure all cells are protected before running your code.

Then find out which cells get unprotected after you run the code.

Look at the logic of your code and figure out why these cells get
unprotected.

Or, more directly, step through the code and see what the values of the
variables are as it progresses.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tanya" wrote in message
Could someone help me please, I have the following 2 macros, the first
unlocks the worksheet and the second is written to unlock a range of
cells.
I am not getting any errors, the problem is the second macro simply does
not
unlock the range of cells I need to.

I wondered if the problem was with the individual cell protection? Should
they be set to locked or unlocked?

Sub UnprotectWorksheet()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 4/03/2007 by Tanya'
'
'
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
End Sub

Sub UnlockCells()
'
'Unlockcell Macro
'Created by Tanya
'
Let index2 = 1
'Goto Home Cell "A1"
Range("A1").Select
'Find beginning of mechanics Names
Do While ActiveCell < "Serial Number"
Let index2 = index2 + 1
ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(index2, 1), Cells(index2, 1)).Select
Loop
'
'Find next blank line
Let index3 = index2 + 1
Do While ActiveCell < ""
Let index3 = index3 + 1
ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(index3, 1), Cells(index3, 1)).Select
Loop
'Select Range for unprotect
ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(index2 + 1, 1), Cells(index3, 8)).Select
Selection.Locked = False
ActiveSheet.Protect
'Return home
Range("A1").Select