Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tanya Tanya is offline

Default Select a list, then sort

Thank you Jay for replying so promptly.

I have already tried this. My problem is that the table changes as new
members are added. Therefore the range is not constant... I think I need a
way for the macro to identify the headings and last entry in the table. At
least that is where my thoughts are heading. Does that make any sense?

Regards
Tanya

"Jay" wrote:

Hi Tanya -

Try the macro recorder for this process. It will produce VB macro code that
you can easily modify.

First, select any cell in the list. then:

Step 1: Tools | Macro | Record New Macro (a StopRecording menu bar will
appear - disregard it for now)

Step 2: manually apply the sort (Data | Sort | etc...)

Step 3: click "Stop Recording" (on the StopRecording menu bar that appeared
in Step 1.

Step 4: Open the VB editor (Alt-F11) to find the sorting statement in the
Macro produced by Steps 1-3. Modify as necessary.

--
Jay

"Tanya" wrote:

Hi
Could someone help me please? I need to be able to select a list in sheet
and then sort by particular heading. I am new to macros. Any guidance would
be appreciated.
Thanks in advance