Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Default Select a list, then sort

Hi Tanya -

Try the macro recorder for this process. It will produce VB macro code that
you can easily modify.

First, select any cell in the list. then:

Step 1: Tools | Macro | Record New Macro (a StopRecording menu bar will
appear - disregard it for now)

Step 2: manually apply the sort (Data | Sort | etc...)

Step 3: click "Stop Recording" (on the StopRecording menu bar that appeared
in Step 1.

Step 4: Open the VB editor (Alt-F11) to find the sorting statement in the
Macro produced by Steps 1-3. Modify as necessary.

--
Jay

"Tanya" wrote:

Hi
Could someone help me please? I need to be able to select a list in sheet
and then sort by particular heading. I am new to macros. Any guidance would
be appreciated.
Thanks in advance