Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
murthy murthy is offline

Default Trigger Excel Solver by User Defined Function

Hi all,

I am doing an optimization problem, where I want to conduct an exhaustive
sensitivity analysis. My objectve cell (maximize NPV) has a solver output.
What I want to do is to change the 5 constraints in a pre-defined range and
see how the objective (NPV Value) is affected. I am new to VB programming and
as such I dont have any idea to write a VB macro or User Defined Function. I
want a UDF to take all the 5 constraints and return me the optimized value
(obtained from excel's solver) for the objective cell. Can anyone help me in
this regard?

Thanks.