Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Using symbolic in Excel Macro

Is row 179 the LAST row? If so,

x=cells(rows.count,"be").end(xlup).row

Also, I'll bet the selections are NOT necessary. Why not post ALL of your
code for comments.
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Bob Hopson" wrote in message
Hi Don,

When I was manually recording the macro, I selected the 1st through row
179
for column BE. The macro provided me with the code and the reference to
.select . Now I am trying to automate it for the user so they do not need
be concerned with any manual intervention.

Thanks for your response!

Bob

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Close. But, WHY select?
Range("BE1:BEx").Select

x=22
'or
'x=range("a2").value
Range("BE1:BE" & x).Select

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Bob Hopson" wrote in message

I have a numeric value x representing the number of rows. I would like
have the range statement use x so the user does not have to manually
modify
the range, as the number of rows for a file will vary. Can someone
provide
me
with the syntax to use for the Would like scenario? Is there a symbolic
parameter I can use to do this?

Currently:
Range("BE1:BE179").Select

Would like: