Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pghio pghio is offline

Default changing date formatted as general number into date format

Hi -
I have a rather large dataset that arrived with all the dates formatted as
general numbers which I can't seem to convert to a date format that is
recognized by either excel or access 07 - I've tried converting to regular
number then to text as well as converting to text and then to date but I
can't seem to make it work. The dates are also represented in yyyymmdd
format - ie, 20070105 which doesn't line up with the typical american date
format. Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks