Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] twlove@ontuet.com is offline

Default Nested "If formula" - returns zero when reference cell is empty

In cell A I can have one of three things... a blank cell, a cell value
of zero or a cell value greater than zero. Depending on which value
is in cell A1 I want the value in cell B1 to be the following:

A1 is greater than zero - B1 should =A1 plus 1

A1 is equal to zero - B1 should = 0

A1 is empty = B1 should be empty

Shown below is the nested "if formula' I wrote. The problem is when
A1 is empty a zero is displayed in B1. In this senario I want cell B1
to be blank. I know I can suppress zero values from displaying but
that affects the whole woksheet and I don't want that.

=IF(A10,A1+1,IF(A1=0,"0",IF(A1="","")))