Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default array function for multidimensional arrays

That doesn't actually create a 2d array, rather it creates an array of
arrays. Instead of indexing like rbetuk(1,2) you have to use rbetuk(1)(2),
not a great problem, but not as we are taught to index into arrays (more
like Javascript multi-dimensional arrays).

This gives standard 2d arrays, bujt is limited in how big the array can be

rdetuk = ActiveSheet.Evaluate("{""A"",""B"",""C"";""D"", ""E"", ""F"";""G"",
""H"", ""I""}")

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Jay" wrote in message
Try using arrays themselves as arguments:

rbetuk = Array(Array("A", "B", "C"), Array("D", "E", "F"), Array("G", "H",
"I"))

You can test this by reading the array 'in' and 'out' with the following
test code:

Sub stefi()
rbetuk = Array(Array("A", "B", "C"), _
Array("D", "E", "F"), _
Array("G", "H", "I"))
For Each itm In rbetuk
For Each itm2 In itm
MsgBox itm2
Next 'itm2
Next 'itm

Jay

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

rbetuk = Array("A", "B", "C")

is a very convenient way of creating arrays, but it creates only a 3x1
dimension array. Can I declare a 3x2 or 3x3 dimension array in this way?

Thanks,
Stefi