Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alice Graham Alice Graham is offline

Default Determining which "mode" excel is in

Testing the FileOpen status sounds good to me.
Thanks for the suggestion

"NickHK" wrote:

Alice,
Whilst such functionality is not available from a VBA point of view, I have
seen advise from MS to check Application.Ready, although it seems it may not
function correctly.
This always returns True in VBA as it cannot run in Edit mode, so I can't it
test it now.

Otherwise, you can test if the menu item FileOpen is enabled.

NickHK

"Alice Graham" wrote in message
I am using VSTO to develop a C# addin for Excel.

I have several commands in the ribbon that I do not want to be available

if
the user has double clicked on a cell and is entering text.

How can I disable my buttons when the user is in either edit or enter

mode?
(in the same way the ms alignment, styles etc buttons are disabled)

Also, is there any property I can use to discover the mode excel is in? I
have tried the application.ready property but it isn't what I'm looking

for.