Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default how to format code in VBA?

The best way is to format as you create the code.

First make sure that auto indent is set (in the VBIDE,
ToolsOptionsEditor), and then when you create code just use the tab key to
create another level of indenting.

When indenting something like a For ... Next loop, the bits inbetween For
and Next will be indented (at least) one more level, so you will need to
delet one tab in the Next line. The way that I do is is to code If ... Else
.... Endif and For ... Next without any intervening code, then the indenting
is maintained, and go back and add the rest of the code.

You can also automatically indent, un-indent blocks of code by selecting all
the lines and hitting Tab and Shift-Tab.

If you follow good coding practices, you will never need Stephen's indenter.
Whilst it is a verey useful tool, I personally have never had a use for it,
and I would be willing to bet that Stephen doesn't use it either.

HTH

Bob

"cfman" wrote in message
Dear all,

I am programming in VBA in EXCEL...

Is there a way to automatically format the code when I inserted a lot of
things so it's getting very messy.

Which key short cut shall I use to automatically format the code?

Thanks alot!