Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
D[_10_] D[_10_] is offline

Default Issues with Time being converted to Date/Time format

Hello all -
I'm hoping someone can help with this. It appears to be a
common problem but I can't seem to find an answer in any of the posts
I've seen. Here is my problem....I'm trying to maintain a spreadsheet
with time values in this format hhhh:mm:ss however, excel
automatically converts this to mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM/PM. How can I
simply keep the hhhh:mm:ss format? Here is an example of what I am
trying to accomplish.

I'm looking to keep this format in the cell (and be able to do
calculations) 2455:25:48

The cell shows this format but when I look in the top detail bar it
shows 4/11/1900 7:25:48 AM