Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Need to dynamically choose Ranges of non-empty objects

set rng = Range("A3").currentRegion
msgbox rng.Address

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom O'Brien" wrote:

hello,

This is a basic questions... i have just started using vb....

I want to figure out how to create a range dynamically.

Say I have some data in a variable number of columns, in this example
3 - A, B, & C

Eg.

A B C
1
2
3 2 2 2
4 3 3 3
5 4 4 4

I want to write a sub/function that returns a range that contains all
the non-empty values in those columns.
I will know where the non-empty values begin, so all I need to find
out is the last non-empty cell, and create
a range out of this.

The range I want in this instance is: A3:D5

Can anyone help with this?