Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline

Default Question on conditional formatting & email macro

Ron,

What if, instead of "G3" I want any cell in G? I tried "G$" but nothing
happened

Max

"Max" wrote:

That works Ron

Thanks!
Max

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

With a formula in G3 this is working (I use a msgbox to test)
When G3 = todays date you see the msgbox

Dim rng As Range
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo EndMacro
If Not Target.HasFormula Then
Set rng = Target.Dependents
If Not Intersect(Range("G3"), rng) Is Nothing Then
If Range("G3").Value = Date Then MsgBox "Then Mail_with_outlook"
EndMacro:

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Max" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron,

I changed "= Today()" to "= Date" but it still sends email regardless of the
date.

I'll work on it some more.
Thank you
Max

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Max

In VBA useDate

If Range("G3").Value = Date Then ................

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Max" wrote in message ...
Yes, however when I run the macro it sends email regardless of the date. I'm
new to this so I'm probably just missing something

Heres the code I'm using

Dim rng As Range
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo EndMacro
If Not Target.HasFormula Then
Set rng = Target.Dependents
If Not Intersect(Range("G3"), rng) Is Nothing Then
If Range("G3").Value = Today() Then Mail_with_outlook
EndMacro:
End Sub

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Max

Have you try this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Max" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I am working on a spreadsheet that is used to track project progress.
A start date is manually entered and the spreadsheet automatically fills in
the expected start and finish dates for the various steps in the project. I
need a cell (that contains a date) to turn orange when the date is 10 days or
less from todays date. I already have it conditionally formatted to turn red
when todays date = the cell date.

Also, I have been trying to figure out how to make the excel email the
responsible project leader when the due date is less than 5 days from todays
date but I have had difficulty figuring out the Ron de Bruin macro.

I'm running Excel 2003 SP2.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Max