Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default finding AddIns folder

Excel looks at the folders named by Application.UserLibraryPath and
Application.LibraryPath. E.g,.

Sub AAA()
Dim UserLib As String
Dim XLLib As String

UserLib = Application.UserLibraryPath
XLLib = Application.LibraryPath

Debug.Print "UserLib:", UserLib
Debug.Print "XLLib:", XLLib

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email address is on the web site)

"mike allen" wrote in message
Where in the world is the AddIns folder that comes up when you save as
.xla? If I create an .xla by saving as..., I see it, but I cannot find it
in that file path on windows explorer. I also searched for and found 2
more folders called AddIns, but neither folder holds the .xla I created by
saving as .xla. Very confusing, but I would like to move all of my .xla's
into the same AddIns folder I see when excel suggests where to save as
.xla's. thanks