Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default LCase function gives an error

did you save and close the workbook after unchecking it, then when you opened
the workbook back up did you make sure it was gone. After the error did you
then check and make sure you had no other bad references.

If all that fails, you can qualify lcase with vba.lcase, but that
shouldn't be necessary and I would consider it a bandaid when surgery is
necessary.

Tom Ogilvy

"dolsen" wrote:

I was unable to find it so I unchecked it. However, I am still getting the
error.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Uncheck it. if you aren't using it. Use the browse button to find it on
that machine if your are.

Tom Ogilvy

"dolsen" wrote:

In the References window there is one library that says missing:

"MISSING: Msie ActiveX Control module"

I haven't been able to find anything that show me how to fix this. Any ideas?

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Some other library is missing. Go to Tools References in the VBE and check.

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"dolsen" wrote in message ...
I have an add-in in Excel that calls the LCase function. This add-in works
when I am using Windows XP and Office 2003. It also works if I use Windows XP
and Office 2007. However, when I use Windows Vista and Office 2007 I get the
following error:

"Compile error: Can't find project or library"

Does anyone know why this is happening? If I remove the LCase call then I
get the same error when it gets to the a call to ChrW.

I need to figure this out ASAP so any help is greatly appreciated.