Paul (ESI)

Okay, I was testing out your suggestions and have some updates. I tried what
you said. I was able to make the background transparent, but this does not
solve the problem of the picture itself. As I said before, using Slimer as an
example, we'd want a picture of Slimer in there, but the text should be over
him, not vice versa. I guess we need to effect the opacity of the image. Can
that be done in Excell, or must that be done in an image editor. If it has to
be done in an image editor, will it translate into Excell so that the text
will show OVER the image.

To make a long story short (too late, I know. LOL. I can tend to go on and
on), we basically want to image to show behind any text, but in front of the
cell itself whether or not we change the color of the cell. In other words,
if the cell only has "23" in it, just the 23 should show in front of the
image, not that whole cell so that the image has a big white (or whatever
color we may have colored that cell) box on it.

--
Have a nice day!

~Paul
Express Scripts,
Charting the future of pharmacy

~~~~~~
| |
|c--OD
| _)
| |
|-. |
/ `-# /A
/ /_|..`#.J/
||LJ `m''
ptaylor

"Paul (ESI)" wrote:

I like to read it in his own words! ;-)))

LOL. Okay, I had that coming. I suppose I should have explained. Believe it
or not, for any of you who may have seen many of my earlier threads, Dave is
the colleague I'm always talking about. I've been working on this very
project with him, so I knew exactly what he meant. I guess I should have said
that. LOL. He asked me the same question, and I've been pondering it myself.

So what was wrong with this?

Insert/Picture/File?

If you use e.g. the png format with transparency it would exctly do what
was originally requested, isn't it?

I'll let him know of your suggestion and tell him to check it out here. One
of us will get back to you all to let you know if this worked. Thanks!

--
Have a nice day!

~Paul
Express Scripts,
Charting the future of pharmacy

~~~~~~
| |
|c--OD
| _)
| |
|-. |
/ `-# /A
/ /_|..`#.J/
||LJ `m''
ptaylor

"Dodo" wrote:

"?B?UGF1bCAoRVNJKQ==?=" wrote
in :

What he means

I like to read it in his own words! ;-)))

is that he wants to take a normal picture, paste it into
Excell, and then make it become transparent so that the text can be
seen through it. Maybe it would be possible to use a different image
program to make it look transparent, but then is there a way to get
the image to show behind the text? In other words, if the image where
Slimer, the words would go through Slimer, and you'd see them in
Slimer. You know, the image shouldn't cover the text.

So what was wrong with this?

Insert/Picture/File?

If you use e.g. the png format with transparency it would exctly do what
was originally requested, isn't it?

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)