Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Dullingham Mark Dullingham is offline

Default Saving a file with time and date at a set time period

What I am aiming for is as follows:-
I have a file with DDE links to an external MDB database and I would like to
save the file with the date and time in the file name.
I would like this option to have an 'on/off' command button or check box and
reference a cell value,say B5, in minutes, as the period at which the file is
saved.
I have found the following code (by Gary's Student) but I don't know how to
trigger it automatically.

Sub gsnu()
Dim s1 As String, s2 As String, s3 As String, s4 As String
s1 = "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\"
s2 = "FILM " & Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy")
s3 = ".xls"
s4 = s1 & s2 & s3
ChDir s1