Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David G[_4_] David G[_4_] is offline

Default Referencing cells safely

Hello,

I am trying to find the best way to refer to cells in a large range
based on the column they are under. The number and order of columns in
the range is changed frequently and I want to make sure that the
reference always works, so I can't simply hard-code a column number.
Right now, I determine the column that I am interested in by providing
a Name to the column header and finding the column number from the
Named cell. The problem with this is that the number of named cells is
getting quite large and confusing.
Does anyone know any better ways of doing this?

Thanks,
David