Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Susan Susan is offline

Default Selecting 10 charcters on one cell and pasting to another cell

thanks very much for replying!
so mine worked, just was horribly over-written & inefficient. :) ha
ha
i'll get there someday!
thank you for helping me learn.
susan

On Feb 26, 2:30 pm, "Alan" wrote:
Hi Susan,

Your code works perfect, and you didn't do anything wrong. It worked, once
the myString line was changed to the line in your third message. I
personally like to keep my code as short as possible. If I can do the same
with less, I will always choose less. Tony's situation was ActiveCell
specific and not variable, so I tend to go the ActiveCell route since it
doesn't require much code.

I'm curious which route Mr. Ogilvy would choose in his own coding. Maybe he
will read this and respond.

Thanks for asking,

Alan

"Susan" wrote in message

ps.com...

alan - if you're still monitoring this thread - why didn't mine
work????
it worked for me........ what was i doing wrong?
thanks
susan

On Feb 24, 12:28 am, "Alan" wrote:
I believe that eAlchemist had the right idea, just didn't get the
coordinates correct:

Sub ButtonName_Click()
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1) = Left(ActiveCell.Offset(0, -3), 10)

Alan

wrote in message

roups.com...

Hi,
For example, I am working on cell G8. I would like to set up a button
that, once clicked, copies and pastes the first 10 characters from D8
and pastes it into H8. The same process would apply if I am on G33,
i.e.copy first 10 characters from D33 and paste into H33, etc, etc.

I can't figure it out.

Can someone help?
Tony- Hide quoted text -