CLR

CONCATENATION is the key......
Create a new helper column (A)on your Sheet2 that concatenates the four
columns together, with a formula like =B2&"_"&C2&"_"&D2&"_"&E2

Then your VLOOKUP formula on sheet1 might look like
=VLOOKUP(B2&"_"&C2&"_"&D2&"_"&E2,Sheet2!A:A,1,fals e)

Change the cells to fit your data........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Connie" wrote:

I have 2 spreadsheets with data from 2 systems.

What I need is to take specific data from sheet 1 and match it to the
corresponding line in sheet 2. The problem comes in that each sheet only has
a unique entry if I search based on a combination of 4 columns (item #, date,
location and quantity).

For any one of these search items there will multiple entries, but for the
combination of all 4 there should be one unique entry.

How can I accomplish this to compare the two spreadsheets?