Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Jackson Jim Jackson is offline

Default Opening a Excel file to a Specified Worksheet

You could either place hyperlinks on the sheet along with text explaining
what to expect when going to each sheet, and hyperlinks on each sheet taking
them back to the original, or you could create some code that would "demo"
the sheets of interest:

newHour = Hour(Now())
newMinute = Minute(Now())
newSecond = Second(Now()) + 10 ' (seconds)
waitTime = TimeSerial(newHour, newMinute, newSecond)

Sheets(12).Range("A1").activate
Application.Wait waitTime

Sheets(23).Range("A1").activate
Application.Wait waitTime

You could include activating specific ranges on each sheet with the "wait"
command set for the time you think appropriate and go from there to make the
presentation as complex as you wish.

--
Best wishes,

Jim

" wrote:

I'm helping to lay out a simple webpage to allow users easy access to
a few excel workbooks that contain all sorts of interesting things
they might like to look at. Some of the workbooks are pretty
overwhelming, so I'd like to link to the worksheets that contain the
data the general public would find interesting (i.e. charts, and data
summary sheets)

I'd like a way to open a workbook to a worksheet specified in the
command line if possible. I can write a macro that opens a designated
worksheet, but I don't know how to get it to read a command line
argument.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas