Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Kennedy Ian Kennedy is offline

Default calling a shared lib from VBA in Excel

Chip Pearson wrote:
"Ian Kennedy" wrote in message

Sorry, you have be backwards, I was asking what Excel VBA used for the
size of Boolean, I will then match my C to that.

I do have it backwards. Sorry about that. In VBA, a Boolean is a 2-byte
Integer.

Sorry, but I'm on a Macintosh, VC++ and DLLs have nothing to do with it.

You should said that initially. It makes a big difference. I wouldn't have
wasted my time. Macs make up a very small part of the universe, so I assumed
you were on a Windows machine.

Appologies, I thought I had but looking back I see that I didn't.

You can use

Sub AAA()
Dim B As Boolean
Debug.Print LenB(B)
End Sub

to see how many bytes are occupied by Boolean.

I have no idea how things work on Mac. You might ask in one the dedicated
Mac Office newsgroups.

I have but today I have had no response. The trouble with an Excel Mac
newsgroup is that this is really a programming question to do with
Excel. This would seem to be the correct group, perhaps it should be
renamed to include windows.

Thanks for you time
Ian